Weston, a master planned suburban community, is one of the nicest and fastest growing communities in Florida. Weston was officially established as a city in 1996 and is the most western city in all of Broward County.
Weston is known for being a very nice community that offers upper-scale lifestyle that attracts people of all walks of life and in business with the average median income coming in at around $119,689. In fact, Money magazine ranked Weston 19th in America in the “Biggest Earners” category. $119,689 and a Top 10 Place to Live in America (2016).
The following demographic information pertaining to Weston is courtesy of WikiPedia.
|2010 Census||Weston||Broward County||Florida|
|Population, percent change, 2000 to 2010||+32.7%||+7.7%||+17.6%|
|Population density||2,596.6/sq mi||1,444.9/sq mi||350.6/sq mi|
|White or Caucasian (including White Hispanic)||85.8%||63.1%||75.0%|
|(Non-Hispanic White or Caucasian)||44.8%||43.5%||57.9%|
|Black or African-American||4.4%||26.7%||16.0%|
|Hispanic or Latino (of any race)||44.9%||25.1%||22.5%|
|Native American or Native Alaskan||0.1%||0.3%||0.4%|
|Pacific Islander or Native Hawaiian||0.0%||0.1%||0.1%|
|Two or more races (Multiracial)||2.4%||2.9%||2.5%|
|Some Other Race||4.2%||3.7%||3.6%|
- A-rated public schools and excellent private schools
- Outstanding public safety and the lowest crime rate per capita in the County;
- Fourteen meticulously maintained park and recreational facilities which play host to cultural and community events and tens of thousands of registrants in organized sports leagues;
- A Community Center which offers a variety of year-round enrichment classes and programming for all ages and interests, and a family YMCA within the City’s regional park;
- The lowest combined property taxes, municipal taxes and fees in the County;
- The lowest millage rate in the County;
- The lowest ratio of employees per 1000 population in the County;
- AAA credit ratings
- Visually distinctive, Weston’s extensive landscaping is without dispute one of the City’s greatest assets: rows of prestigious Royal Palms and city entry signs surrounded by lush foliage which also lines the berms, medians and rights-of-ways throughout the city.